How do you know when you’re ready for change?
Think about those moments when you thank your lucky stars, the universe or some higher power! All the time, behind the scenes, it’s your unconscious that has made the connections, highlighted something important, flagged up an important fact that will get you the brownie points.
Part of the mind, the RAS (reticular activating system) is fabulous for doing just this. It passes the information onto the rest of the unconscious mind and then to the conscious mind. Something will have caught the RAS’s ‘eye’ and it starts jumping up and down in the excitement of you grasping an opportunity.
In a similar way, the mind can alert us to the fact that it’s ready for change. Sometimes this can appear to be a rather clumsy calling card, however. It can feel emotional, even painful. Yet, if we were to take these hints for what they are, reminders that things can get better, we’d have a whole new perspective and respect the unconscious for communicating with us with such insight.
Here are the subtle and not-too-subtle ways in which it elbows us to let us know!
- You feel confused. Maybe you’re in a dilemma or you feel pushed and pulled in different directions. You mind is asking you what you really What would make you happiest?
- You feel bored with your current situation. You may be afflicted with thoughts that there must be more to life. There most likely is, your mind is challenging you to find it.
- Your mind keeps sending you images or memories of past events – sometimes even painful ones. In this case, the mind isn’t torturing you, but asking you whether you would like to deal with this now, once and for all.
- You feel despair or an uncharacteristic low. Spiritual people often call this the ‘dark night of the soul’. It’s the storm before the calm. Welcome it. The easier times are ahead
- You feel frustrated that you’re at this point in your life, how did this happen?! Take stock, you mind is reminding you that where you are, is a sum of all your past actions. If you want things to change, you have to change things.
If you’re ready for change and need someone to support you, be your cheerleader and help you through, why not book a strategy call? It’s completely free and no obligation. No harm in testing the waters! You can book a free strategy call here.